529-Planning.com is proud to help students and their parents save for college by providing vital information surrounding how and when to use 529 Savings Accounts.
However, we know that likely those savings still won’t help completely pay for college tuition and fees. We are proud to offer an annual $1,000 scholarship to one student of a public 4- or 2-year college in a technology field.
Technology shapes everything around us. It is what helped us build this business, and is a key component to all of our lives now and into the future. Our CEO Chris graduated 15 years ago at a public 4-year college called Clarion University, and it helped set me on course for a successful career.
We are offering this scholarship because we want to help other students that aspire to do something great, but may need some extra help to payg for the education to get there.
Scholarship Applicant Criteria
- Enrollment in an accredited public high school, college or university in the U.S.
- Applicant must be entered in or entering a technology field (IS, IT, CS, etc.)
- Maintain a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of a minimum of 3.0
- Applications must be received by July 5, 2020
- Winner will be notified via email on or before August 15, 2020
- Submissions are accepted via email by email (we are not accepting print applications):
firstname.lastname@example.org include: ‘Scholarship’ in the subject.
- You accept that your essay may be published on the our website and social media if chosen as a finalist.
- Must submit a copy of your transcript indicating your Grade Point Average (GPA) – we accept unofficial transcripts.
- Applicants should make a digital copy of their scholarship application for their own records.
- By submitting your essay, you authorize us to post the material on its website and social media channels.
To apply for a scholarship from 529-planning.com, write a 500+ word essay on the advantages of having savings that help to pay for college. How do you believe having help in paying for your college expenses will aid in your success? Examples may include the ability to succeed in spending time on your education instead of full-time work or the ability to focus on the best university instead of the cheapest. Craft your essay and explain your answer.
529-planning.com will review applications and award 1 applicant with a $1,000 scholarship. The scholarship may be used to cover school-related expenses, such as tuition fees, registration costs, supplies and books.
After we review the submissions, we will choose 5 finalists for the scholarship. Staff at 529-planning.com will elect the winner each August.